The Minister of Railways Shri Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu while presenting the Railway Budget 2015-16 in Parliament today has said that there are nine thrust areas in this Budget which are as follows:
1. Indian Railways to become prime mover of economy once again
2. Resource Mobilization for higher Investments
3. Decongestion of heavy haul routes and speeding up of trains: emphasis on gauge conversion, doubling, tripling and electrification
4. Project delivery
5. Passenger Amenities.
7. Transparency & System Improvement.
8. Railways to continue to be the preferred mode of transport for the masses.